Yummy Crafty Halo Goodness!

Disclaimer: I was invited to this event as media. We received gift bags for attending.

 

Liam and I had an awesome opportunity to attend this lovely Halos event with the amazing MomTrends. Liam was into the crafts, but way more into sweet yummy goodness of these Halos. I, however, enjoyed bringing out my creative side. I've also got the scoop on a few awesome recipes using these Wonderful Halos!

Arts and crafts has always been one of my favorites. I always try to get some crafting in with my little one. It's probably one of the best and fun ways to get your kid away from the tv. Between the crafts and the yummy food that was there what could possibly go wrong. Who doesn't love to eat and be creative?!


Everything we made at the Halos event had gotten messed up on our way home. I then decided I would do new crafts. Here is our sweet Easter bunny lulu. I simply made this with art supplies in my house. The ears were made of construction paper, the nose was a mini pompom, and the whiskers were made from pipe cleaners. This is such an easy and fun activity to do for Easter. 

 

Don't mind my chicks wings, juggling a toddler while holding scissors and trying to place everything right isn't as easy as one would think. 
I ended up adding on a butterfly and a chick also made with Halos. Just to be creative and show what else can be made and put into an Easter basket as well.  I made the butterfly wings out of construction paper as well and cut it out in the shape of a heart. 

 

This event was amazing and I truly enjoyed it. I love how it actually made me want to start crafting more. 
(Crafting can also be a stress reliever.)

Below I will be sharing some of my favorite recipes from the delicious things we ate at this event.

 
Wonderful Halos Mandarin Spring Salad.

Here's how to make it.

1• 2-3 Wonderful halo mandarins, peeled and separated.
2• 1 head of butter lettuce.
3• 1/2 cup of wonderful almonds, sliced.
4• 4 radishes.
5• 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced.
6• 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled.

Lemon Vinaigrette 
1• juice from one lemon.
2• 1/3 cup of olive oil.
3• 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
4• 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
5• 1 teaspoon of salt.
6• a pinch of pepper. 

Shrimp is optional* 

 
Spiced Merry Mandarin Cider.
(hot)

Here's how to make it.

1• 1 1/2 cups of Wonderful Halo Mandarins, juiced.
2• 1 1/2 cups of apple juice.
3• 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
4• 1/4 cup of water.
5• 1/4 cup of sugar.
6• 1 stick of cinnamon.
7• 1 star anise.
8• 1 teaspoon of whole allspice.

Thinly sliced Wonderful Halo Mandarin for garnish.

 
Wonderful Halos Mandarin Salsa.

1• 6-8 Wonderful Halos Mandarin, peeled with pith removed, and chopped.
2• 2 jalapeños diced and seeds removed.
3• 1 red bell pepper, diced.
4• 1 yellow pepper diced.
5• 1 small sweet onion, diced.
6• 3 tomatoes diced.
7• 1 teaspoon of lime zest.
8• juice from one lime.
9• handful of fresh cilantro, chopped and kosher salt to 
taste.

 
Wonderful Halos Island Breeze Smoothie.

1• 2 Wonderful Halo mandarins, peeled.
2• 1 cup of coconut milk.
3• 1 banana, peeled.
4• 1 cup of frozen pineapple pieces.
5• 1/3 cup of macadamia nuts.


 

These crafts are super fun to do with your little ones around Easter, or even making different things with the Halos for other holidays as well. 

 Thank you MomTrends!

Comments

  1. Working on projects that both you and your kiddo enjoy is clutch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, like what else can be better?! I love teaching my baby to be creative.

      Delete
  2. Yes! Looks like you and your little buddy had a great time crafting away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had so much fun! Who doesn't love crafting and eating ? Hahaa

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Check Out My Top 3 Picks From The New York Baby Show !!

Wonder Crew in The City.